Last Friday, normally a dry news day, provided comedy aplenty. While expounding on why he decided to enact amnesty for many illegal aliens by fiat and against the specific will of America as expressed by Congress, aka “elected representatives”, His Royal Highness was interrupted by a question from a lowly reporter from the Daily Caller. Hilarity ensued, that day and all weekend.
This episode and its aftermath make a great instructive tool, so let’s see what we can gain from a little study. I’ve helpfully broken down the lessons learned into two categories: lessons for dummies, and lessons for Americans.
This reporter was widely reported to have “shouted” and to have “heckled the President”. See for yourself. It’s hard to hear what the reporter asked him, because I guess some people are better shouters and hecklers than others. The questions were “Why did you favor foreigners over Americans?” and “Are you going to take questions?”
The Left-Commie-Media-Democrat Complex was all atwitter this weekend with talk of how white presidents have never been interrupted with questions (yes, the word “unprecedented” was used here, here, and here) or treated with such disrespect. A panel at MSLSD flat out called it “blatant racism” (video here). Even Sam Donaldson, a noted heckler of white presidents, was offended that anyone would suggest that this reporter’s act of racism (yes, he said that) was anything like what he himself did.
While you are watching this one, try to determine which question is the racist one. I had a little trouble with that.
Lessons for Dummies
- Never interrupt His Royal Highness while he is reading his Teleprompter (Binkie). That is rude and racist. And unprecedented.
- You may address His Royal Highness only when he addresses you. To do otherwise is racist.
- He will answer questions when he darn well wants to. And by the way, that answer is that the president bypassing Congress and ruling by fiat “is the right thing to do for the American people”. While we’re on the subject, so is making recess appointments while Congress is not in recess, and ignoring court orders to lift oil drilling moratoria. Hey, it’s the right thing to do. So shut up.
- It’s still Bush’s fault.
- Reagan was never heckled and interrupted endlessly by Donaldson, or by Helen Thomas. Those are just racist right-wing accusations (and ignore the video at the bottom of this post).
- Just because the president orders by fiat amnesty for 800,000 illegal aliens when 10% of Americans are out of work is not an occasion to question him about it. That is rude and racist.
- In fact, everything conservatives do, say, or think is racist. There are code words, you know. They are not just wrong, they are evil to the core. Don’t forget that. When they talk about the freedom to live your life unencumbered by government interference, what they really mean is they want to hold you down and deny you the right to get free stuff from people who work.
- Obama is going to easily win re-election this November, because the American people love him (except for those racist Republicans) and trust in his great leadership (except for those teabagging bitter clingers). So you can rest easy. You probably don’t even have to vote at all.
Acknowledge… receipt of message
I know it’s somewhat bewildering to Lefties in America, but there’s a breed of people who love freedom, the rule of law, and human rights — real ones like life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness, not the French-Revolution style of rights, like the right to not allow anybody to smoke in a restaurant, or the right to limit the size of sodas to 16 ounces, or the right to declare everybody to be a racist who does not agree with you. What really confuses the Lefties is that not only are there a good many more of us than there are of them, but we also seem unfazed and uninfluenced by nuances that contradict objective reality (like man-made global warming, when it turns out that the globe is not actually warming). Because we are for the most part polite folk, we let the Left blather on and sound like idiots. In the end, we keep our own counsel.
It reminds me of a dialog from Battlestar Galactica, in the 2-part episode that kicked off the series. Admiral Adama (CINC for the surviving fleet) was ordering the junior Adama (Apollo) by radio to take the ships he was commanding and have them join the fleet immediately. Apollo was under direct orders from the President to stay where he was and continue rescue operations (script here).
Adama: Is your ship’s FTL functioning?
Apollo: That’s affirmative.
Adama: Then you’re ordered to bring yourself and all of your passengers to the rendezvous point. Acknowledge.
Apollo: Acknowledge… receipt of message.
Adama: What the hell does that mean?
Apollo: It means, I heard you.
So to His Royal Highness and his courtesans in the Left-Commie-Media-Democrat Complex, we say “Acknowledge… receipt of message.” That’s nice, now shut up, go play, and let the grown ups talk.
Lessons for real people with brains
OK, I was just kidding about this part. Conservatives get the joke though. There are no new lessons here, just the same tired thing. Obama whined like a little kid over being interrupted and engaged. The court jester media hacks went straight to racism. After all, ya know, white presidents never get treated like that. Except when they do.
I’m pretty sure the Daily Caller guy won’t be allowed at any more WH pressers. Not that questions would be allowed anyway. The Left wants no dissent, no objections, and no accountability while they ransack the country and urinate on the Constitution.
They actually stood there while the SCOAMF told them that with 10% unemployment, he was bypassing Congress and giving amnesty to almost a million illegal aliens, in a blatant election-year pandering effort. That’s why we call him Mister Laser-like Focus On The Economy, because he’s so focused on…. well, never mind. His golf game, I think. The media clowns don’t have a single question about this new decree. They just want the guy who did ask a question to get his credentials pulled.
The Left-Commie-Media-Democrat Complex remind us that you just can’t scrub off stupid. It goes down to the bone.
h/t ColdWarrior for locating the videos
Also, this post was inspired by the RealRevo