Always win the news cycle. Make false accusations against Republicans. Make sure there is unending noise. Meanwhile, before the facts are known, move right on to the next crisis, the next false accusation, the next fake outrage. The media will back your play 100%.
As time goes on, facts rise to the surface if you know where to look, the lies are demonstrated, possibly proven. But it does not matter. The media will not cover that. They’re busy covering 10 or 15 lies down the road by the Democrats. Activists and aware politicians see, uncover, and broadcast to the extent possible. The conservative press brilliantly exposes the truth, keeps the corps educated and armed with facts and tactics.
Meanwhile, if Democrats never stop winning the news cycle, week after week, year after year, the tactic becomes a strategy. The voting public, low-information voters, they only hear the news cycle. It is a daily tactic that one would think eventually fails. Well, I’ve been watching for over 20 years. What I know is that all of the following (and the list could go on virtually forever) are thoroughly debunked (in a couple of cases, demonstrated to be so implausible as to be highly unlikely, I’ll note). And thoroughly believed by so many Democrats we can never trully erase them from memory:
- Bush stole Florida in 2000 and therefore was never a legitimate president.
- Trump colluded with Russia to win the 2016 election.
- The “dossier” is true.
- For two years, Representative Adam Schiff was telling the truth while claiming to have seen “clear evidence”, “in plain sight” of Trump colluding with Russia.
- Mueller’s investigation proved both the fact that Trump colluded with Russia and substantially obstructed justice during the Mueller investigation.
- Now-Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh sexually assaulted what’s-her-name and attempted to rape her. Also he commited other brazen acts in high school college including facilitating gang-rapes and swinging his wank in front of another unwilling sorority girl.(all of these wildly implausible given the evidence)
- Trump brutally put the squeeze on Ukraine to investigate Joe and Hunter Biden for political purposes.
- The Covington boys were nasty little racist punks who surrounded and intimidated a noble Indian warrior.
You see how it plays out? The low-information voters don’t bother seeing the truth play out in the long run. And thanks to the media, they are never confronted with it.
It’s been a winning strategy probably since Walter Duranty lied about Stalin murdering 12 million Ukrainians by starvation, and collected a Pulitzer Prize for doing it.