We know that Democrats know how to vote multiple times. Lordy Lordy, do we ever know it:
- dead Democrats vote for decades after they’re dead
- they register as Disney characters, movie characters, and Dallas Cowboys players
- they fill in absentee ballots that go to dogs, dead people, empty lots, drop boxes, and to fictional people
- they register and vote in multiple districts, cities, and states
- they drive around in vans on election day, traveling from polling place to polling place where they “occupy” names of people who are dead or fictional
- they fill out entire boxes of ballots that are fed into the voting machines after the polling places are closed and they have some sense of how many votes are needed
- they register and vote on same-day voting in more than one district
- they proxy-vote for senior citizens in nursing homes
- I’m pretty sure there are another dozen methods that good, honest conservatives never even thought about
The Republican Party is often called the Stupid Party, and that is true. However, this is another area in which party leadership differs greatly from party constituency. For you see, conservatives are not stupid. Far from it, in fact. In the past, we’ve been naive in assuming Democrats loved the country like we did, respected law, fair play, and decency like we did, and wanted freedom like we did. The last few years have disabused us of such notions.
Conservatives are smart. We may have started late in engaging this dirty game of politics. We may not be well organized. But look how fast the Tea Party arose and in the span of 15 months demolished the Democrat stranglehold on Congress in the biggest electoral turnaround in American history. We have a frighteningly steep learning curve.
Now we’ve learned how to vote multiple times.